Regenerative Growth Factors & Proteins
Soft Tissue Grafting Treatment
In order to maximize your healing potiential, Dr. Laudenbach may recommend the use of a regenerative growth factor or protein in your treatment. Dr. Laudenbach would be happy to discuss all grafting options with you at the time of consultation.
Emdogain (Enamel Matrix Derivative = EMD)
Straumann Emdogain is an easy-to-apply, protein-based gel that is designed to promote predictable regeneration of lost periodontal hard and soft tissues caused by periodontitis, helping to save and preserve the tooth.
- Demonstrated safe and effective in stimulating the formation of new periodontal attachment (periodontal ligament, cementum and alveolar bone)
- More than 400 clinical publications demonstrating predictable results, including results up to 10 years
- More than 1 million patients treated worldwide
- Familiar surgical procedure and easy application of material to the surgical site
- Produces natural-looking results
- Helps restore patients’ self-confidence
- Enhanced periodontal wound healing, as reported by clinicians
- Helps patients preserve their smile
- Less pain and discomfort
Dr. Laudenbach typically utilizes Emdogain in all soft tissue grafting procedures and some periodontal regeneration procedures.
Platelet Derived Growth Factor (PDGF = Gem 21)
A growth factor which aids in recruitment of cells to the root surface which stimulate reformation of lost periodontal tissue. This growth factor also stimulates more rapid blood vessel formation which improves the overall healing result. Dr. Laudenbach typically incorporates this growth factor during periodontal regenerative and moderate bone augmentation procedures.